Words matter. Communication is important. We know God because he speaks. And when he speaks, he speaks in such a way that even we…his finite creation…can understand. He accommodates Himself to us.
Over the past 20-30 years, the ways in which we can be heard by others, as well as be misheard has grown exponentially. How then, with a message that can move people from death to life, do we connect & communicate in a way that both proclaims in a way that connects and engages in a way that embodies the Gospel of the Lord Jesus?
This course will help you explore how we communicate the Gospel clearly so that we hit the right audience in the right way. It aims to help you:
1. Build an audience profile of who you’re trying to reach and how you need to communicate to do that effectively.
2. Know how to get a bare-bones communication & IT platform up and running quickly.
3. Assess websites for their effectiveness in reaching an audience and be able to map out an effective website of your own.
4. Understand why design is important and know where to go to achieve good design quickly and cheaply.
5. Identify the key components of a healthy social media calendar and be able to build your own.
6. Map your church workflows to your church database.
7. Have a framework and some tools for engaging with the media.